Monday, April 18, 2016

Help Send a Tired Old Poet To New Orleans and Save the Rhinos

If you are a regular reader of Zombie Logic Review you know I don't use it to promote myself or my own work. You might not even know that I am a poet. Heck, you might not even know who I am at all, unless you have submitted some poetry or artwork to the Review. My name is Thomas L. Vaultonburg, and I am using this post to ask you to buy a copy of one of my books. 

I had open heart surgery two and a half years ago, and I'd like to say that forever changed my perspective on life and really showed me what's important in life and all those cliches, but the reality is I already had all of that in order. $150,000 worth of surgery, and all I got was this lousy poem...


I'd like to make some sort of appeal to sympathy and say my surgery left me weak and sent me to the poorhouse and I'll never be able to recover, but the truth is...

I was in cardio rehab as soon as they would allow it and back at the Y in 60 days and getting in the best shape of my life. So, I won't claim that medical expenses put me in the poorhouse. I'm not even going to cite the expense of the three poetry books by local authors I have published in the past years, and several more I intend to publish. The fact is I just want you to buy one of my books because, sheesh, that's why I wrote them, and I want to go on vacation to New Orleans in June. 

    Buy Submerged Structure and make a donation to St. Judes






Or, if poetry isn't your thing, and you'd like to help out in the fight against Rhino poaching, order a copy of the book Jenny and I wrote for our five year old Jack, The Toughskin Rhinoceros Wrangler Company

Help send a tired old man to New Orleans for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment