Friday, December 21, 2012

Demented Children's Story Hour

In the early 90's I wrote several books. As soon as I wrote enough poems for a book someone wanted to publish it. It was nearing the end of the Small Press era in American publishing and approaching the digital age where anyone could publish a book with very little effort. But in the early 90's it was still somewhat of an effort and a minor accomplishment if someone wanted to go to the effort to publish something you had written. I had forgotten about many of these books until the whole business about the Mayan Doomsday prophesy reminded me I had written a book of poems titled Poems At the End of the World. I don't think any of the poems had anything to do with the end of the world. Maybe they did, I don't have a copy and I can't remember. 

Then I started finding other books I had written in the databases of University libraries. Another book I had written was titled Demented Children's Story Hour. Published in the New Sins chapbook series with other poets like Glenn Sheldon I wonder what poems are in that book. 


Here I am at the beer can house in Houston.

No comments:

Post a Comment