Thursday, January 24, 2013

Rockford City Hall, Old and New, During a Blizzard

I was on Ebay today looking for anything interesting about Rockford, Illinois, and I came across some really neat postcards. From my window I'm able to see many of the historical buildings in the city. One of my favorites is Old City Hall. It's now used for low cost housing, and when I moved Downtown I almost moved in, but I had my heart set on one of the basement apartments that had been used as jail cells in the past and none were available, so I moved here to Zombie Logic Press international headquarters. 
Because I can see this building from my west window I assumed I should have a picture of it in my files somewhere. But I have only pictures of the blizzard that happened three years ago. 

Everyone knew the snow was coming and bought all the Wonder Bread and milk from the stores. Then the snow started.

And it snowed hard. You can see both the old and new City Hall buildings in this picture. The new city hall is to the right.

I often wonder how life would have been different if I had moved into Old City Hall instead of this place. It's been a really good stretch here. Getting to work with Jenny. We've done a lot of good work together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment