Sunday, June 5, 2016

Five Poems By Angelica Fuse

Turn

everyone deserves
a good turn
sometimes to get
to the right
location
sometimes to be the
right person
sometimes to finally
grow teeth
so we can chew through
the toughness
we are delivered.

Swig

take another
swig
of the dark matter

enjoy
the rush of chemical
through brain

it is supposed
to heal
but all I can do
is barely walk
funny
on carpet
that seems to be
moving against me.

City Mouse

the mouse
is supposed to be
from the country
from I am the urban
species

head tucked low
trying not to be seen
heart as big as a skyscraper
but still
feeling very small.

Hands

these are
the hands reaching
for me

lifting me up
even above myself
goodbye I wave

as I pass my own
being
as nice knowing you.

Blood Shot

my eyes
at the end
of a long
day

my yearning
blood pumping
self

rolls
out onto the world
at large.

No comments:

Post a Comment